As hair is primarily made up of protein, you can understand the importance of consuming protein rich foods in making hair grow fast naturally.
Some such protein rich foods for hair growth are:
Soy products, Beans (try chickpeas or lima beans), Eggs, fish (salmon), milk (soy milk), cheese, yogurt, whole grains, seeds and nuts.
Adding herbs such as parsley, oregano, cumin seeds, coriander leaves, basil, sage etc is also beneficial for hair.
Dark green vegetables such as Swiss chard and kale are rich sources of iron that assists in hair growth by carrying oxygen to hair.
Nuts and seeds like walnuts, cashew nuts, Brazil nut, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, fenugreek seeds and other such foods contain good amounts of zinc, magnesium, selenium and other such minerals that make hair grow fast naturally.
Here is a great dinner or lunch idea that will start you on your road to growth:
Salmon with warm chickpea, pepper & spinach salad
- 1 large red pepper , quartered
- zest and juice ½ small lemon
- pinch smoked paprika (we used sweet smoked paprika)
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 100g bag young leaf spinach
- 2 x 140g (2 x 5oz) skinless salmon fillets
- 400g can chickpeas
- Heat the grill. Squash the pepper quarters flat and grill for 5 mins or until well blackened. Leave the grill on, then transfer the peppers to a bowl, cover with cling film and leave to cool slightly before peeling off the skins and cutting the flesh into strips.
- Make the dressing by whisking together the lemon zest, juice, smoked paprika, olive oil and seasoning. Toss half the dressing with the spinach leaves and divide between 2 bowls.
- Season the salmon and grill for 5 mins or until just cooked through. Meanwhile, heat the chickpeas in their canning liquid in a saucepan for 3-4 mins. Drain well, then mix with the remaining dressing and strips of pepper. Spoon over the spinach and top with the salmon to serve.
Check out BBC Good Food for more great recipes!
What are you favorite hair growth meals to make?