April 1st (also beauty day) marked my 22 month transitioning anniversary…Two months left until the BIG CHOP! I am super excited!
Yesterday I co-washed my hair, did a protein treatment using Aphogee, and DC. I then did a Twist-N-Curl, since Saturday marked the last day of the Protect Ya Ends Challenge. I plan to wear my hair out this week after 3 months of not being able to.
- I really think the protein treatment helped. Last week’s rough hair is nothing compared to how my hair looks and feels today; Hair is soft, moisturized,and has sheen
- Styling Time Break Down: 1.5hrs to T-N-C/4hrs air dry/ 30mins under the dryer/30mins to style and primp
- I like the style, but I think I need a small trim. I believe my ends would look and curl better as a result.
This week, I am hoping to achieve:
- 3 Day hair: Includes not having to re-twist my hair at night or re-curl the ends
- Recycle Style on Day 4: I usually restyle my hair into some sort of up-do, using an old style
My only gripe with the T-N-C has been that I can’t get past 1 or 2 days wearing the style before it looks frizzy or bushy, which is why I’ve only done it 2-3 times during my entire 22 month transition; Braid-N-Curls work much better for me. I am a K.I.S.S transitioner so restyling daily and sleeping pretty isn’t for me. I’ll update on day 3 to update you on how the style has lasted.
Have a Happy Monday!