Raise Your Glasses, Ladies! Today marks the first wash day of the 2012; a year that has so much to look forward to! Since I started the Protect Ya Ends Challenge, I decided to start the year out with my amended monthly routine!
Monthly, I will:
- Pre-Poo Oil Wash with Amla Oil, using the finger comb method in 4 twisted sections. Cover hair and let sit for at least 1 hour, usually over night
- The next day, apply Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay. Concentrating on the scalp, massage to remove impurities. After
1030 minutes, rinse thoroughly! Co-Wash with Cheapy Conditioner (Hello Hydration or any Herbal Essences or even dollar store conditioner)Omitting this step because I now add the cheapy conditioner to my mix. See recipe below. Using a solution of ACV diluted with water, I go through each section and cleanse my scalp using an applicator bottle.
My Indian Clay Mix Recipe:
- 1c of healing clay (adjust to fit your hair needs)
- 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 c water (or however much you need for your hair to get consistency)
- 4 tsp of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of conditioner Cheapy Conditioner (Optional)
- Plastic Bowl and mixing utensil (or any non-metal item will do)
Combine ingredients until a smooth paste is achieved. (Lumps are typical. For a smoother consistency, use more water). I lightly misted my hair with water and then applied in sections. After 3o minutes, I rinsed in semi-cool water, and followed up with my deep conditioning routine.